The danger with getting busy, and living life (things have been pretty chaotic lately) is that you run the risk of not prioritising gym/exercise/play time. For most people this can be a minor annoyance, but for some (those with “special powers” as I like to call it) this can put you in a very risky spot.
Here are some tricks to ensure you can control the risks:
- Put a time limit on your enforced break from the gym, at the end of which, you will smash it at the gym *no matter what*. No excuses.
- Do something else just for you. Take a walk, sit in the sun for a bit and focus on enjoying the moment (more on this in another post).
- Don’t go off the deep end as far as food and drink goes. Try and keep it clean as much as you can.
- Keep a very close eye on your normal warning signs/tells. The second you start to feel yourself getting out of kilter, hit the gym. Health first. Everything else is secondary.
- Forgive yourself. No one is perfect!
Hey, sometimes guano happens and you just have to deal with life, and that’s ok. But don’t let it reset your habits. You’re in control.